The Ocean Accounts Framework is a conceptual framework designed to enhance the consistency, comparability and coherence of ocean-related maps, data, statistics, and indicators across social, environmental and economic domains. The Framework describes:
- Interactions between the ocean economy and the ocean environment.
- The stocks and changes in stocks (flows) of ocean assets (natural capital) that provide benefits to people.
- The social and governance factors affecting the status and condition of environmental assets and associated benefits.
- Guidance on ocean economy satellite accounting.
The Ocean Accounts Framework draws on the following international frameworks and standards concerning data and statistics:
- System of National Accounts (SNA)
- The SEEA Central Framework (SEEA-CF)
- SEEA Ecosystem Accounting(SEEA-EA)
- National Spatial Data Infrastructure (NSDI)
- Framework for the Development of Environment Statistics (FDES)
For more information, please see section 1.1 and 1.2 of the Technical Guidance.