The Technical Guidance on Ocean Accounting provides guidelines on how to compile, use and maintain ocean accounts (organised by the Ocean Accounts Framework). It was developed in response to country demands for methodological and process guidance on ocean accounting and is in line with the System of Environmental Economic Accounting (SEEA) and System of National Accounts (SNA) and is supporting the development of a SEEA Ocean.
The Technical Guidance is available for viewing and download below together with dedicated summaries and supporting documents:
- Technical Guidance on Ocean Accounting v.1.0 — detailed guidance for account compilers, data providers and end users.
- Summary Technical Guidance for Account Compliers and Data Providers — a more accessible version of the Technical Guidance for a wide range of technical specialists.
- Summary Guidance for Decision-makers — explains the practical use cases for ocean accounts.
- Global Progress Assessment on Ocean Accounting — updated regularly to take stock of global progress towards ocean accounting and summarise key lessons learned for the global community of practice.
- Core Ocean Statistics v.1.0 – presents a set of core ocean statistics that collectively define ecosystem condition to assist in building ocean accounts.
The Technical Guidance is a living document. Comments and author contributions are always welcome —please send them to email@example.com